I will admit I have been an absentee blogger for the past month or so, and with the launch of our social media accounts, I’ve certainly spent more time updating those, and less time updating the blog, my apologies!
Our commute to the brewery has been cut down from a 15 minute country road drive, give or take you don’t get stuck behind a tractor, to a 3 minute walk down the hill to Main Street! We have moved into our house and it feels so good!
While things have slowed down with the house and its renovations, the brewery is only getting busier. For the people who have been following our adventure on social media, you will have seen a few snippets of the big things happening at the brewery!
1. The brewery is now ORANGE! You may notice there is a bit of an orange theme appearing with everything brewery… we were drawn to it!
2. There are tanks. Big tanks, little tanks, round tanks, tall tanks. The big move happened about three weeks ago with the help of a great group of guys who didn’t mind getting rained on. For the love of beer. Within that day, the brewery went from a spacious cellar to feeling like a snug, functioning (almost) brewery.
3. There are kegs and growlers are on their way, and will sooner rather than later, be full of beer!
4. Malt and hops have been ordered and are on standby!
5. Merchandise samples have arrived, and the store orders have gone in! They should be ready just in time for the opening! I love the responses we’ve been getting about the clothes, and am so excited to start selling them!
6. The most recent brewery news – There is a huge grain silo now on the roof of the brewery! It was a very exciting (and cold) morning and I will say I did get a little choked up seeing the silo being raised to the roof, it was a big moment for the brewery and for Main Street, Tatamagouche. There is a different streetscape on Main Street now – including a Tata Brew silo!
Things have been moving along here, but there is still lots to do at the brewery, like making beer on site! We are working on the plumbing in the brewery as I type, and are hoping to be making beer there in the very near future. We are still aiming for opening at the end of May/beginning of June, we just need all these moving parts to continue to come together! There is something new everyday – trying to get equipment through customs, or throwing out your first batch of beer (major learning lesson). It is a rollercoaster ride, some days are quite stressful, feeling the pressure of opening day approaching, while most days are exciting, and new!
Now that is it May, everything is beginning to feel very real.. this could be the month our brewery opens, and May reminds me it was just about a year ago I decided to move home to be apart of Tata Brew…. how much can change in a year?!
To stay more up to date with the happenings of Tatmagouche Brewing Co., check us out on Facebook at Tatamagouche Brewing Co. , on Twitter @tatabrew, or on Instagram @tatabrewco.
Until next time, Cheers!